In our household, soup is a staple. And by staple, I mean we could not live without it. Winter can be beautiful I will admit that, but the blistering cold can definitely leave you craving some warm, liquid comfort. Before meeting Jace, I’d always reach for canned or boxed soups convinced a filling, hearty soup could never be that simple to create. However with this recipe I stand corrected. Using only a few easy ingredients, this soup is so incredibly effortless to create.
Creamy Carrot & Ginger Soup
Vegan // Gluten-free // Processed-sugar free
- 8 medium sized carrots
- 1/2 tsp sea salt (+ 1 tbsp parboiling carrots)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp ginger
- 1 tbsp turmeric
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 x 400 ml canned coconut milk
- Start by peeling and chopping carrots in to pieces. TIP: If you do not own a Vitamix or high-powered blender, we recommend parboiling carrots prior to blending.
- To parboil: Bring a large pot of water to boil with 1 tbsp sea salt and boil the carrots for 5 – 10 minutes, or until carrots are soft.
- After carrots are chopped (and after par boiling if choosing to do so), carefully add carrots to your blender.
- Next, add the spices to your blender: garlic, ginger, turmeric, salt, onion powder, and black pepper.
- Finally, pour into your blender two cans of coconut milk.
- Blend until creamy.
- Transfer soup to a large pot and heat on medium-high heat until warm enough to serve.
- Creates eight small servings or four large servings.