Financial Vulnerability Evolves Through Stages of Your Life
Vulnerability: capable of being physically or emotionally wounded.
Signs you might be feeling financially vulnerable:
- Uncertainty about the future
- Lack of knowledge
We all seek financial security, however we are all susceptible to financial vulnerability
Real vs. perceived vulnerability throughout our lives.
Financial vulnerability or the elution of it will go up and down but will tend to settle where it always has been, unless you surrender to the delusion of control.
The delusion of control is the believe that we think we can control the outcome of many or even every situation we find ourselves in.
The financial vulnerability cycle
1. Identify financial vulnerably feeling
2. Put safe guard in place
3. Identify new, less damaging vulnerability, but treat it the same as the first one
4. Put safe guard in place
5. Identify new, less damaging vulnerability, but treat it the same as the previous one
6. Put safe guard in place
As you put into place measures and safe guards to minimize the feeling of vulnerability you will then focus on smaller issues seeing them as threats where they were not a threat before and the feeling of vulnerability returns.
Ask yourself this question: Would you have loved to be in the position you are now 5 years ago?
Vulnerability Through Stages of Your Life
Beginning of working career
– Job experience
– workplace skill
– networking connections
– additional financial responsibilities
– the stakes are higher
End of working career
– higher wage you are less likely to replace
– reduced productivity
– job transition is more difficult
– Investment returns
How vulnerability serves you
1. Its not something you should try to defeat, you should embrace it — it’s a built in protection
2. Exposing your vulnerability will show the world who you really are
3. Exposing your vulnerability will show you who you really are
4. If you don’t feel vulnerability you are also shutting down your positive emotions