Looking Forward and Back.
When you turn 50 you have a very unique view of life if you choose to see it. You can look back by observing your children and reflecting then things in life that your found challenging. You also have the opportunity to observe your parents and see the things in life they find challenging.
If you can relate to your children’s challenges and remember yourself in their positions then you have to believe the challenges your parents are struggling with will be your future unless you change your current trajectory to chart a new course.
Questions to ask yourself:
- Did you follow your parents path and are your children following your path?
- What are their concerns – did or do those things concern you?
- Will it matter in 20 years – were your concerns worthy?
Things to observe:
- My children are concerned about their financial futures
- My parents are concerned about their financial futures
- My children are not concerned about their use of time
- My parents are not concerned about their use of time
- My children are not concerned about their health
- My parents are concerned about their health
- Open growth mindset
- Trust the process