Hobbies are more important than you think, this can often fill the gaps left between our life responsibilities and job responsibilities.
Hobby risk – chasing a new hobby every couple of months, when investigating a hobby try to identify the challenges of the hobby and try to determine if those are challenges or problems you enjoy solving.
You should have a minimum of three hobbies
- A hobby that exercises your body
- A hobby that exercises your mind
- A hobby that exercises your soul
- Beware of the hobby inside the hobby – sometimes you think you have a hobby that is an activity but you actually have a hobby of accumulating the equipment and supplies of a hobby.
- Hobbies 10 feet deep rather than 10 feet wide.
- Hobbies that are intertwined, pursue a hobby that leads to another hobby.
- Most hobbies can be test driven without much expense
- The more equipment/supplies you add to a hobby the more complexity you introduce
- You need to be realistic given your time constraints
- The more specific your interest the more engaged you will be
- A hobby should involve challenge, this is what will sustain interest